Senior Financial Analyst Hiring In Toronto 2023
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Full job description
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
A Senior Financial Analyst role is currently available within the Management Reporting Team in Group Finance.
Reporting to the AVP Reporting and Projects in Group Controllers, the Senior Financial Analyst, plays a key role in driving the success for the monthly and quarterly deliverables. The role is involved in a broad range of business activities and requires collaboration through a strong network of contacts within Group Finance and across the Operating Segments within the organization. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the production of total Company’s management reports and analysis of the financial results. In addition, this role will be involved in supporting various Finance Transformation initiatives such as reports automation using PBI and as well as process improvements.
The incumbent will need to have strong analytical and effective inter-personal skills, as they will need to communicate optimally with a variety of teams and functional areas. Attention to detail is imperative in this role. In addition, the Management Reporting team plays a key role in assisting the development and execution of strategic plans for Group Finance, and therefore this role requires big picture thinking, adapting to change, tech savvy and a continuous process improvement attitude.
The position provides a great opportunity to learn about various businesses across the company, gain an understanding of operating and control environments, play an integral role in fulfilling key deliverables, and work with seasoned professionals of accounting, audit, and financial reporting backgrounds.
- Preparation of standard monthly and quarterly financial reports according to the close schedule. Ensure that the quality and accuracy of data, and reconciliations are completed as required.
- Prepare month-end commentary on variances, trends, and key metrics.
- Must be able to provide relevant analysis with commentaries and hold discussions with various teams.
- Develop analysis and reports in order to respond to ad-hoc queries on a range of topics
- Actively contribute to operational improvement ideas and participate in special projects for the ongoing advancement of best-in-class capabilities and service excellence
- Foster a “work as one” culture by developing strong relationships with the Operating Segment teams and other functional areas that we work with on a regular basis.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing continuous financial process improvements that positively impact the timeliness and integrity of financial reporting and data.
- Quickly understand the tasks assigned and achieves results within assigned deadlines. Prioritizes deliverables in support of team goals with guidance.
- Demonstrates commitment towards continuously updating knowledge and skills while incorporating feedback.
- Assist with ongoing analysis of workflow processes, establishment of new procedures, improve and re-engineer current processes to streamline and gain efficiencies.
- Assist with various transformation initiatives as they arise (e.g. report automation, process improvements).
- Support the team in building a successful team by ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service through proactively promoting client centricity.
What we are looking for
- University degree in accounting, finance, or business management and or recognized accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA or CA is a plus).
- 5 years or more of progressive experience in Finance within a large multinational organization.
- Strong business sense with ability to communicate financial concepts and results in a clear, concise, easy to understand manner (verbal & written).
- Proficiency with MS Applications (including Office & Power BI) particularly MS Excel with the ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Knowledge of Essbase/Smartview and Infor (or other enterprise finance applications) is an asset.
- A great teammate with a proven ability to effectively manage internal relationships by collaborating within the department and across business divisions.
- Excellent customer focus and commitment to quality.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, using sound, independent judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong willingness to ask questions, explore areas for improvement and provide recommendations
- Proven ability to work effectively in diverse environments and cultures.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, successful and collaborative team environment while managing multiple, constantly changing priorities and ad-hoc requests.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all partners and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Toronto, OntarioSalary range is expected to be between
$68,775.00 CAD – $114,625.00 CADIf you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact email@example.com for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.